Friday, March 1, 2019

Figuring Out Buyer Behavior

       Throughout the week, I have conducted very informative interviews with potential buyers of my innovation, with the goal to understand more of their consumer behavior and purchase tendencies. I initiated each interview with a detailed description and presentation of my innovation.My key points of focus with these interviews were to see how my product related and fit into the buyer's lifestyle, where they would expect to purchase an item like mine, and also the product's useful applications. I was able to identify similarities within the responses on multiple occasions.
       The majority of my interviewees claimed they would most likely purchase the item on a web platform like Amazon or Ebay; while the two men that I interviewed saw opportunity for the item to be sold as a regular purchase item in quickly accessible locations such as Lowes, Home Depot, or Walmart.
        The customers also agreed that the uses and applications were definitely beneficial to society, and a few said they would not be dissatisfied with the purchase even if it was not used, but stored, "Just in case."
        Lastly, the various responses in my findings have informed me that the most important factors for the device's design and use should primarily be focused on functional reliability, durability and mobility.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Alex! It’s good that in your interviews you indepthly explained and presented your innovation, that probably helped your interviewees assess possible best practices. I would also agree that I would probably purchase your innovation off of Amazon, maybe even prime, just because it’s more convenient. Also, like Professor Pryor was saying, it might be cheaper at first to start out online because then you can avoid putting so much of your product in stores that it may not even sell in; in other words, you’re keeping your product close in its early stages. Great post! - Juliana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alex,

    Great job with your interviews! I feel like in todays day and age, online shopping has become the frontrunner in ways to shop. Online shopping is all around more efficient and less time consuming which makes it the favored method. With that being said, I do agree that in certain scenarios going to places like Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, etc. can be more beneficial than shopping online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how your customer segment has such clearly defined values, as this will help you to focus on those qualities in your product and attract a larger portion of your customer segment. It might also be a good idea to explore what will help you to retain customers once you have attracted them with these qualities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is interesting to see that all of the people that you interviewed would be willing to buy your product from places we all know and catch our ear. They are constantly in our head and we hear about them all the time so people believe these are the only places to buy these products. It was interesting for me to see this.

    ReplyDelete