Friday, March 15, 2019

Elevator Pitch #2

The video below is my submission for my second elevator pitch in ENT3003. My device is an inexpensive, self-powered, wearable technology that works as a simple locator and communication device. It will be easy to access by a variety of people in different countries and its uses will be most prominent in the events of natural disasters when typical communication grids are down. 



Some important aspects of my presentation that I will aim to improve is more direct focus to the camera/audience, less hand/arm movement in my speech, and the lighting/spatial quality. I would have also liked to have gotten into further detail about how my device's reliability functionality aims to be utilized and how it will stand to compete against the traditional cellular carriers, who most likely would not have sustainable communication grids in a natural disaster. I have noticed improved since my last pitch because I did the entire pitch in less time by recording in one take and I proceeded to wear an attire more suitable to my device's purpose and niche. 

2 comments:

  1. Alex, you did a great job of capturing your concept and explaining it. I noticed that you included more details regarding your device. Also, you like quite dapper if I may say so myself. I think this was definitely an improvement from your past pitch. I am looking forward to the next one. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alex! That was a great pitch! I was really impressed that you memorized your pitch. It allowed you to make good eye contact with the audience. That is something I am still working on (not depending on notecards) and hopefully will have accomplished by the next pitch. I think you improve on consolidating some of your information because your pitch was about 30 seconds over the goal. But otherwise, great job!

    ReplyDelete