Friday, April 5, 2019

Your Venture's Unfair Advantage

My Venture's 10 Resources:
     
- Educational Background:

        My knowledge, credentials, and educational accomplishments prove that I am indeed trained and capable to work in my prospective field.

Value
Rarity
Inimitable
Non-Substitutable
High
High
No
Yes


- Social Personnel:

        The resources that I have acquired from my entrepreneurial pursuits and connections with important "players" and organizations within my market.

Value
Rarity
Inimitable
Non-Substitutable
High
High
Yes
Yes

- Educational Personnel

        The connections made with highly regarded people with advanced educational background. Can help further sustainable development and efficient research.

Value
Rarity
Inimitable
Non-Substitutable
High
Med
Yes
Yes


- Safety Advancements

        Maintaining strong functionality and deign to ensure reliability and access when needed.

Value
Rarity
Inimitable
Non-Substitutable
High
Med
Yes
Yes


- Financial Knowledge
     
        Making use of successful money management and allocation of wealth and resources.

Value
Rarity
Inimitable
Non-Substitutable
High
Med
Yes
Yes


- Media and Marketing Knowledge

      Understanding of mass-marketing and targeting of media phenomenons. 

Value
Rarity
Inimitable
Non-Substitutable
Med Low
Yes
No

- Spatial, demographic, and geological knowledge

     Understanding how location, demographics, and resources apply to the use and marketing of my venture

Value
Rarity
Inimitable
Non-Substitutable
High
Med
Yes
Yes

- Innovative mindset

      Ability and vision to seek new designs and innovations to improve the state of the product.

Value
Rarity
Inimitable
Non-Substitutable
High
Med
Yes
Yes

- Technological Knowledge

     Awareness and capabilities of navigating the technological landscape and ensuring technological growth.

Value
Rarity
Inimitable
Non-Substitutable
Med
Med
Yes
No

- Job/Volunteering Experience

     Earned wisdom and discipline from working physically demanding environmental jobs.

Value
Rarity
Inimitable
Non-Substitutable
Med Med
Yes
No


 My most valuable resource would be my educational background. This is because my educational pursuits prove credibility and reliability in my work and all future ventures. 




3 comments:

  1. Alex, I think your approach of organizing your data in charts was very clever. It helped compare your resources by using similar variables. Non-substitutable resources are the most important in labeling an unfair advantage. I too agree that your education will be your most important resource. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Alex,

    Great job on this weeks assignments! I really like how you organized and placed your information in your blog post. Having the charts as visuals makes understanding the VRIN analysis much easier. I too think that my most important/prominent resource is my education. Overall, great job and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Alex! I liked how you made tables for evaluating the VRIN of each resource; it helped me compare between the 10 you listed. I think your innovative mindset will be incredibly important! For one of our required readings, I read the Mindset book where it talked about fixed mindsets and growth mindsets and having one that is innovative is definitely on the growth side. But yes, education is also very important because no one can take that away from you.

    ReplyDelete