Friday, February 22, 2019

Reading Reflection No.1

Reading Reflection No.1


        The autobiography that I read throughout this week was Coco Chanel by Lisa Chaney.

*What surprised me the most
  - That Coco Chanel conspired with the Nazis during WWII.
* What about Coco Chanel I most admired
- Her unorthodox approach to the fashion world, making new achievements for women.
* What about Coco Chanel I least admired
- Her use of sexual manipulation to her close ones
* Coco Chanel's adversity
- Coco Chanel's mother died when Coco was six years old, and she grew up a poor foster child

Competencies of Coco Chanel: Revolutionary, Stylish, Persnickety

Confusions in my readings? None at all

My two questions for Coco Chanel:
1) Where would be the best platform to start as a new designer outside of Paris?
2) Who impacted/inspired her the most?

Coco Chanel indeed worked hard, and her ideology of hard work would probably be considered with accumulating superior skills and making full use of them.


                                           Image result for coco chanel

2 comments:

  1. Hey Alex,
    I don't know much about Coco Chanel, but your brief description of the autobiography definitely made me interested. She seems like someone who would do most anything to get farther. Although I don't know any specifics, conspiring with Nazis seems like a desperate attempt to get what one wants. But her story seems interesting and I want to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex, I had no idea CoCo Chanel had any affiliations with the Nazi regime. That definitely taints my impression of her. I am familiar with the brand, but this put two and two together for me. I am sure you learned a lot by studying her. I would love to learn more about her WW2 affiliations.

    ReplyDelete