Friday, February 15, 2019

Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No. 1


Through my research and brainstorming, I have decided to focus my segment on the demographic of people who are at risk of being impacted by a natural disaster. I have spread awareness of the dangers that are posted in areas across the country and I have identified potential consumers who have the need for the device I have presented. These people are primarily within my segment, and they are indeed concerned about the impact a potential might have on them. My interviewees have all mentioned that they would consider having this as an emergency device. Initially they had assumed that their phone networks would take care of their need, but soon became conscious of the need for the device in case their networks aren't reliable. Even as an emergency device, I can still see the legitimate purpose of my device as a service unit. It holds value at all times, and this value would even exceed in the axtuac occurrence of a disaster. The interviews definitely opened my eyes to innovation within my own design that I can certainly take into account for the future.



2 comments:

  1. Alex, by narrowing your segment to people who are at high risk of being impacted by a natural disaster, your product will benefit them greatly. I think you can hone in on specific features to appeal more to your segment as opposed to everyone. It is cool to see how far you are coming with this idea. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex
    So many people are at risk by natural disasters, pretty much everyone, due the numerous amounts of disasters that could potentially happen. I am not saying that your segment is bad, It is just a broad group of people that could be narrowed down to a more specific segment.

    ReplyDelete