Thursday, January 17, 2019

Alex Arnau's personal 'Bug List'

Alex Arnau's personal 'Bug List'

1.) The sound of an animal chewing both hard and soft food with an open mouth
- Because they are hungry, or they just eat fast and breathe simultaneously 

2.) The shedding of my own dog's hair, they are very small and ubiquitous
- Because he gets very excited and then starts to jump and shake around everywhere

3.) The glare/shine on a television screen as a result of sunlight passing a window
- Because the blinds are not doing a sufficient job and the TV is in a bad spot

4.) Dog owners who selfishly do not clean up their dog's mess after watching them go
- Because the owner may be in a rush, they do not have the tools, or they are lazy

5.) When the echo/treble are too high on an amplifier system 
- Typically used and left on by my friends when they use the amplifier

6.) When restaurants don't give me a straw, and they assume I will put my mouth on their cups
- Because restaurant is saving on costs, environmental waste, or the server forgets

7.) When I'm skating down a hill and there are many potholes/cracks down the path
- Because the road is poorly maintained and probably has a lot of traffic

8.) When I go to pick up my guitar and all of the strings except for one is tuned
- Because the guitar and strings are fairly old and worn

9.) When student financial aid takes more than 2 weeks to pay out my scholarship funds
- Because the SFA office is probably still doing calculations, otherwise I have no idea why

10.) When my dog 'marks his territory' on several trees, even though he already emptied his bladder
- Because he smells other dogs/animals that live around, and he wants his presence known

11.) When I have to wait in the rain for my dog to come out of the car because he is scared of thunder
- Because my dog really does not like to get wet or hear thunder, so he refuses to leave the car

12.) When DVDs or CDs are in their wrong cases, this is always confusing.
- Because of pure laziness or lack of vision 

13.) When my dog licks his genitals for longer than necessary, especially at night
- Because he is cleaning himself, or feeling frisky

14.) When I am walking through what appears to be grass and turns out to be a puddle
- Because that particular part got too wet during weather conditions and cratered in a select area

15.) When I am at the store and the item I want is under the wrong price tag
- Because the consumer before me misplaced it, or the worker was too lazy to place it correctly

16.) When fabric softener stains my clothes, it supposed to make them soft!
- Because I possibly use too much concentrated softener on a specific area

17.) When I tell my dog not to jump on the couch, but he does so anyways
- Because he gets really excited and just loves to lay up next to another person on the couch 

18.) When I am on an important phone call, and I get an unsolicited phone call
- Because either scams, telemarketers, or other lines tend to call me during important conversations

19.) When I try to charge my devices, but the extension cord has its power switch flipped off
- Because the dog, my foot, or my girlfriend accidentally hits the power switch

20.) The parking limitation on my university's campus 
- Because of the different roles and decals people commuting to campus have (i.e:Red, Orange, Gold)

Reflection: I personally feel that coming up with this 'bug list' was not difficult at all. As someone who is very observant, and perhaps not very tolerant; I am definitely able to discern things that annoy me or give me bad energy during day-to-day interactions. I certainly believe that now I have acknowledged the ability to find these 'bugs,' it will serve as a benefit for solving problems in the future.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Alex, as a fellow dog owner, I can relate to a large majority of these bugs! You seemed to have a very easy time finding little things that bug/annoy you in your every day life. I guess its just easy for some than others because I had a hard time thinking of all 20. Being observant is a great trait someone can posses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Alex, it was very interesting to read your bug list. I can definitely relate about the dog hair. I used to have a Maltese, which are supposed to be shed-free, but was always a hassle to find clothes without his hair all over. They become family, so it doesn’t matter what we have to go thorough – they are so worth it!
    Best,
    Edona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex, your bug list was very entertaining. It seems that these things came naturally. I especially resonate with campus parking being really bad. I rely on driving to some of my classes and many of my university commitments and parking has made it much harder here.

    ReplyDelete